This is what drives you
You have a clear idea of what you want: To contribute to the vision of safe and energy-efficient flying, in a team of like-minded aviation enthusiasts who are determined to shape the future of aviation.
This is who we are
We are an aircraft manufacturer with a strong heritage looking to continue our story. Headquartered to the west of Munich, we are recognized by international aviation authorities as a development, manufacturing and maintenance company, That is why today we are focusing our full energy on developing and manufacturing a new generation of technically advanced aircraft in Germany. Share with us the vision and ambition to drive the transformation of flying and to make our contribution to safe and energy-efficient air transport.
This is what you can do
- Systems Engineer responsible for Power Electronics Control System
- Definition power electronics requirements for aviation application.
- Electric equipment specification. Environmental requirements for operation in altitude.
- Develop system requirements for power electronics control systems
- Design systems with architectures and interfaces that safely and effectively meet requirements.
- Develop, manage and interpret testing for the purpose of risk mitigation.
- Design system-to-system components to connect key components including AC/DC and DC/DC converters, electric motors, generators, solid state batteries and fuel cells.
- Support the development and optimization of high voltage power distribution
- Interface with electrical system suppliers in the development, integration, and testing of power generation and distribution systems.
- Advance the knowledge of the integration of Power Electronics Converters with associated components/subsystems e.g. electrical machines, power network, energy storage systems with the goal of optimizing overall system performance in relation to the specifics of the applications.
- Maintain a good understanding of ‘state-of-the-art’ in power converter component technologies e.g. new power devices, passive devices and components, magnetics, bus bar, cooling technologies and thermal management solutions, embedded systems (hardware and firmware), EMC, gate drives, sensors, 3D printing etc. Actively work with suppliers to acquire these technologies as required.
- Develop component, subsystem and system level models in order to enhance the team’s ability to accelerate design, development and testing activities.
- Some international travel is expected (<10%)
You’ll bring this with you
- Master’s Degree or Diplomingenieur in Electric, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering
- 5 - 10 years’ experience with power control and distribution systems
- Experience with at least one aircraft development program (preferably CS-25, EASA Part 21J)
- FMEA/FTA/FHA and understanding of 2x.1309
- Experience working with RTCA/DO-160, DO-178C and ARP4754A
- Familiar with requirement management, validation and verification of electric systems
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering is beneficial
- Fluent in English. Fluency in German or additional languages is beneficial
- Excellent team spirit, communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of structuring and organizing work in efficient and effective manner
- Strong analytical skills, hands-on mentality
- Creativity and the ability to act independently
- Technical problem-solving and decision-making ability